There are two types of room in UG Hall II:
- Double Room
- Triple Room
All bedrooms in UG Hall II are fully furnished and air-conditioned. A chair, a desk, a wardrobe, a bookshelf, internet outlet port and a bed with mattress are provided in the room for each resident. Electronic meters are installed for the air conditioners so that residents are charged according to actual electricity consumption.
A pantry, equipped with a sink, drinking fountain or water dispenser, a refrigerator, a microwave oven and an electric water boiler, is located beside the common room. There are no cooking facilities in the pantry nor in any other areas in the hall premises
There is a common room on each floor where residents can meet and socialize. Television, refrigerator, microwave oven, newspapers and telephone are provided.
Each floor has one toilet which equipped with shower facilities. Hot water is provided.
The laundry is equipped with 5 washing machines and 5 drying machines. All are smartcard-operated. Irons and ironing boards are provided upon request and subject to availability.
In case of fire emergency or fire drill exercise
- Be familiar with all the fire escape routes in advance. The routes are shown on the floor plan posted below in the Lift Lobby on your floor. Study them carefully and know where to assemble after you evacuate to the open area.
- Fire alarm bells will sound continuously in case of real fire or fire drill. Upon hearing a continuous alarm, evacuate from the building at once.
- CO-OPERATE with hall staff and FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS during the exercise.
- To protect your personal properties, remember to lock up your rooms before you leave. Neither the Hall Management nor the Security Office will be responsible for any loss or damage of personal properties. HOWEVER, in case of REAL FIRE, you should always consider your own SAFETY FIRST.
- After evacuation, the Fire Drill commander, i.e. your Residential Lifer Officer will check the resident rooms. Residents found inside the building not participating in the fire drill WILL BE ASKED to show his/her identity and GIVE EXPLANATION.
In case you have visitor in the hall at the night of the drill, he or she is ALSO REQUIRED to participate in the fire drill.
Nobody can foretell when a fire will happen. Please take the exercise seriously. Participation is very important as this is to protect your own lives. Do not attempt to stay in your rooms or skip the exercise since it will be useless to regret after an accident happens. If you have any physical problems / serious sickness, please let the Hall Office know so that we can take care of you during the drill.
Assembly Point for UG Hall II (Tennis Court outsides UG Hall IV)